Why not have a go at our relaxation quiz and see if you know how to relax. All the answers to these questions can be found in the advice and resources section of our website >
Relaxation quiz and competition
1. Which of the following is an example of immobile relaxation?
- A Sleeping
- B Meditation
2. How do physical relaxation methods work?
- A They occupy the mind so that it is temporarily relieved from stressors.
- B They tire us out so that we're too tired to think about our worries.
3. Which of the following is an example of physical relaxation?
- A Tai chi
- B Competitive sport
4. Which of following statements is based on mindfulness practices?
- A Happiness lies in the present.
- B It is is important to reflect on past experiences to become more mindful.
5. Mindfulness is a practice that can help you feel less stressed. Where does mindfulness stem from?
- A It was developed by psychologists a decade ago as an antidote to modern day life.
- B It stems from ancient Budhist practices.
Enter our competition!
To be in with a chance of winning a copy of 'Calm - The Journal' by Fearne Cotton, visit and like our First Psychology Scotland Facebook page and comment with your answers, e.g. A, A, B, B, B. Good luck!
The winner will be chosen at random from all the correct entries received before 1 January 2019. A copy of the book will be posted out to the lucky winner at a UK address provided by them during week commencing 7 January 2019.