One of the main stressors around the Christmas period comes from our tendency to set unrealistic goals for ourselves. When we don’t achieve these goals, it can leave us feeling disheartened or as if we have failed at something. So how do we set realistic goals?
Well, it can be helpful to split larger goals, down into more manageable sections. For example, instead of ‘Organise party’ which is very difficult to monitor and delegate, try something like this,
- Look into event venues suitable for a party
- Decide on venue and book date (Have a Plan B, just in case!)
- Put together a guest list in consultation with interested parties
- Write out/design invitations and deliver
- Chase up invitees to get final numbers
- Put your feet up and relax!